Config parser?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Aug 7 16:05:14 CEST 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 2:31 PM, JB Segal wrote:

> To bring my convo from freenode:#nagios here:

Not exactly the most response-friendly format...

> (15:02) <  Jailbait> Has anyone ever found a good tool for analyzing
> _existing_ nagios configs? I'm

None exist that I am aware of but if they do, they'd likely be found
at http://www.nagiosexchange.org.

> set for things, etc. Perhaps
>                     something that would just generate a
> no-inheritence version of a config

object_cache_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/objects.cache

>                     file... maybe all in a nice spread-sheet format.
> If I could export the View
>                     Configs output to something (spreadsheet of
> choice) could import, that'd
>                     probably be close.

ndoutils stores this information in the database by default as well.
Then it's just a matter of using the correct queries to get the
information you want.

--
Marc