Lockfile trouble, Nagios version 3.0.3

Francois Joubert francois.joubert at imagination.com
Wed Aug 6 11:13:56 CEST 2008

directory '/var/spool/nagios'? Write to that file?
1. perms and ownership on /var/spool/nagios = 777, nagios:nagios
2. perms and ownership on /var/spool/nagios/rw = 777, nagios:www

 > On shutdown, Nagios will remove the file and will need write
permissions to the directory to re-create it.
If I stop nagios, delete /var/spool/nagios/nagios.lock and re-attempt to
start nagios as a daemon, it creates a zero byte-sized file,
/var/spool/nagios/nagios.lock and "Bails out". There is then no nagios
process running to shutdown and remove the file.

Francois

Los Angeles · Detroit · Toronto · New York · London · Cologne ·
Stockholm · Hong Kong · Tokyo · Sydney

Imagination · London
25 Store Street South Crescent, London WC1E 7BL, United Kingdom
Tel +44 (0)20 7323 3300 Fax +44 (0)20 7323 5801
www.imagination.com

This email is confidential and may be privileged and is intended only
for the addressee: if you have received it in error please notify the
sender and delete it. We strive to make our systems secure but cannot
accept any liability for viruses or any other security issue.

Imagination Ltd
Registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 1442096.
Registered office: 25 Store Street South Crescent, London WC1E 7BL,
United Kingdom