check_logfiles documentation

Victor Lanza vicjalan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 17:33:52 CEST 2008

Ok...Before I tackle the issue with Nagios not getting any feedback from
check_logfiles I decided to test the plugin locally on the host machine.
However I'm not getting the results I should am expecting.

I execute this at the command line:

Check_logfiles --tag=websphere
--logfile=/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/rflxappserver1
/SystemOut.log --criticalpattern="java.lang.Exception: DBPool returned NULL
connection."

My results are:

OK - no errors or warning|websphere_lines=0 websphere_warnings=0
websphere_criticals=0 websphere_unknowns=0

However when I check the SystemOut.log, I see the line that contains that
error. Am I missing something?