Nagios Nuvola and IE 7

Greg King wgking99 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 23:54:00 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I am running Nagios 2.11 on CentOS 5. I really like the look that the Nagios-nuvola gives to Nagios, but I noticed that if the nuvola skins are installed, the "Event logs" menu pick which runs "showlog.cgi" causes IE 7 to hang solid. Seems to work fine with Firefox.  The Nuvola instructions are to "Just move the "html" folder into the HTML directory of Nagios", but Nagios 2.11 seems to have additional stuff in its HTML folder (share), so I did the following to preserve what was there:

 cd <nagios-nuvola-dir>
 cp -Rfv html/* /usr/local/nagios/share/
 chown -R nagios.nagios /usr/local/nagios/share/*

IE 7 works for everything except the "Event log" menu pick. If this is clicked it hangs the browser solid, and the browser has to be killed. I'd like all the users to use Firefox but it ain't gonna happen real soon.  If Nuvola is not installed, IE 7 works, so it is something to do with what Nuvola does.

Any ideas on how to fix this is appreciated.

Regards,
Greg King
www.wgk-consulting.com