Nagios 3 GUI config tools

seb sguilbaud+nagios at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:10:04 CEST 2008

>  Whilst another enginner and I manage the nagios configuration, the
>  on-call engineers who receive the alerts need the facility to manage who
>  receives the alerts and when.  Therefore they need to be able to access
>  the contacts configuration file.  I do not want to have to train them in
>  linux/vim|nano/ssh/nagios config file formats/nagios process management,
>  just so they can decide who should receive text messages out of hours.
>
>  As such an easy to use website would be a boon for us.  We are in the
>  process of implementing such a system internally, specifically
>  targetting Nagios v3 for this very reason.

NoMa is for you :-) I've not yet tested it, but it allows you to delegate
only contacts/notifications management with a web interface. All you
have to do in Nagios is using a single script to hande notifications

http://www.netways.de/de/produkte/nagios/erweiterungen/noma/

and as Hari said, plain text & well organised configs, making good
use of Nagios 3.x features (multiple inheritance, "+" operator for
servicegroups/hostgroups) for your templates *and* thoroughly
planning and modelling your(s) network(s) if far more useful than
a web interface in my opinion (I rather spend time adding nuvola
style & designing nagvis maps...)

--
seb