ndo2db -- lots of empty tables

Duncan Ferguson duncan.ferguson at altinity.com
Fri Apr 11 10:18:14 CEST 2008

On 10 Apr 2008, at 22:56, Frank J. Gómez wrote:

> #         0 = Don't dump any configuration information
> #         1 = Dump only original config (from config files)
> #         2 = Dump config only after retained information has been
> restored
> #         3 = Dump both original and retained configuration
>
> I guess I don't understand what is meant by "retained information,"
> nor where it is being restored from.  For that matter, I don't know
> what it means to "OR" values together...  Can someone explain what
> these options mean?

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/configmain.html#retain_state_information
  - store state information in a file so when nagios gets relstarted
it carries on from where it left off rather than start all checks from
scratch again.  If you didn't have this enabled but the
config_output_options was set to 2 then there would be nothing to load
back in, hence the tables are blank.

0 - load in config from files but do not end config on to database
1 - load in config files and send to database
2 - load in retained state file config and send tto the db
1 + 2 = 3 - load in both config and retained info, merge together and
send onto db

see also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OR_Gate vs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AND_gate
  and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gate for more info on logic -
principle is the same

   Duncs

--
Duncan Ferguson
Senior Developer, Altinity Limited

http://www.altinity.com
Tel: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US:  +1 866 879 9184
Fax: +44 (0)845 280 1725
Skype: duncan_j_ferguson
MSN: duncan.ferguson at altinity.com

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals to
whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Altinity Limited | 404 Seven Sisters Road | London | N4 2LX | United
Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales under company number 4743767