ndo2db -- lots of empty tables

Frank J. Gómez frank at crop-circle.net
Thu Apr 10 23:56:10 CEST 2008

Thank you, Duncan.

This is very useful documentation.  The tables make so much more sense now!
I made some changes to the configuration files and got the desired results,
but I don't really understand the configuration options and I'd like to.  I
hope you'll bear with me for a bit longer.

I changed config_output_options in the ndomod.cfg file from 2 to 1.  When I
restarted Nagios, I found the config tables had been populated.  (Victory!)
The available options are:

# CONFIG OUTPUT OPTION
# This option determines what types of configuration data the NDO
# NEB module will dump from Nagios.  Values can be OR'ed together.
# Values:
#         0 = Don't dump any configuration information
#         1 = Dump only original config (from config files)
#         2 = Dump config only after retained information has been restored
#         3 = Dump both original and retained configuration

I guess I don't understand what is meant by "retained information," nor
where it is being restored from.  For that matter, I don't know what it
means to "OR" values together...  Can someone explain what these options
mean?

In case it helps anyone else, my data_processing_options (same file) is set
to -1.  I didn't have to change this.

Thanks,
-Frank