Nagios 3 external commands problem

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Thu Apr 10 21:09:00 CEST 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 10:28 AM, Frost, Mark {PBG} wrote:

> Can't say I can be a lot of help with the status map.  I never found
> it
> to be workable in any form, so I just don't use it.

Same here- thus the reason I'm looking for a better option. But that's
another thread :)

> When I look at my own id in cgi.cfg, I'm listed in
>
> authorized_for_system_information=
> authorized_for_configuration_information=
> authorized_for_system_commands=
> authorized_for_all_hosts=
> authorized_for_all_services=
> authorized_for_all_service_commands=
> authorized_for_all_host_commands=
>
> and I have no problems doing anything (but I should have all these
> rights anyway).  I've never heard that you could use a wildcard for
> these fields.

Ok, found the problem. Totally my fault- I had missed a couple of
directives in the cgi.cfg file. Your response clued me into that
fact :P Sorry to waste your guy's time.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.