Nagios help!!

tom.welsh at bt.com tom.welsh at bt.com
Thu Apr 10 12:04:06 CEST 2008

Hi Pallav,

Provided you have setup your 30 hosts in your hosts.cfg or what ever
file then all you need to do to define the service is as i show below.

define service{
                use
generic-service
                host_name
winserver1,winserver2,winserver3,..........winserver30
                service_description                              Memory
Usage
                check_command
check_nt!MEMUSE!-w 80 -c 90

Regards

Tom

________________________________

this means that the service defination will also look like this

define service{
                use
generic-service
                host_name
winserver1
                service_description                 Memory Usage
                check_command
check_nt!MEMUSE!-w 80 -c 90

define service{
                use
generic-service
                host_name
winserver2
                service_description                 Memory Usage
                check_command
check_nt!MEMUSE!-w 80 -c 90

To monitor 30 servers i need to add 30 lines.or is there any way that we
monitors number of services in all hosts.

Marcus <adesperateuser at googlemail.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net

04/10/2008 12:18 PM

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios help!!

Pallav.S.Gupta at relianceada.com schrieb:
>  I have added my first windows machine as stated below , now i want to

> add more machines , so do i need to add one more windows.cfg file with

> new host definations or simply add hostname in present file
windows.cfg
> seperated by comma ,
> like
> host_name            server1,server2,
The comma-Solution doesnt't work.

> This might seem a very stupid questions to many but still as i am new
> this, so  i need some help.
When I had "my first nagios-day", I ran into the exactly same issue.

I monitor two linux-servers which looks like this:

define host{
        use  linux-server
        host_name       OpenVPN1
        alias           OpenVPN-Server Nr1
        address         ovpn1.somedomain.de
        }

define host{
        use  linux-server
        host_name       OpenVPN2
        alias           OpenVPN-Server Nr2
        address         ovpn2.somedomain.de
        }

(The template that comes with nagios is beeing used).
Hope this helps a little.

greetz, marcus

(By the way, Pallav, a subject with just "help" and several
exclamation-marks is not appropriate for a sophisticated mailing-list
like this.)

reporting any issue.

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should return it to the sender
immediately. Please note that while we scan all e-mails for viruses we
cannot guarantee that any e-mail is virus-free and accept no liability