Monitoring Windows Servers - [New domain name for nsclient++]

Frater, Greg J GJFRATER at bechtel.com
Tue Apr 8 17:04:51 CEST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Medin [mailto:michael at medin.name]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 9:59 PM
To: Frater, Greg J
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Monitoring Windows Servers - [New domain
name for nsclient++]

>> (found here: http://trac.nakednuns.org/nscp - don't ask me about the
>> URL I don't know why it is what it is - it seems safe though)
>>
>LOL, everyone seems to mention this lately, well, here is my official
apology to anyone who has taken offense for the domain name *SORRY*
>Anyways, try: http://NSCLIENT.ORG, http://nsclient.com or
http://nsclient.net hopefully these are "better" (if anyone want to know
the >reason for using the old one there is a post on the forum about it
http://nsclient.org/nscp/discussion/2/120 )

All I know is I got a visit from our security guy asking for an
explanation of my visits to that site.

>The preferable domain is nsclient.ORG but since go-daddy was so damn
cheep (anyone know why? I pay 10 times as much for my "previous
>domains") I got the others when I was at it...

Excellent, I will use the new domain (though I must admit nakednuns is
pretty memorable).

>And if any apache2 configure gurus knows how to combine location (I use
a location with mod python inside it to "call trac") and mod_rewrite let
me know cause I would have preferred to drop the "trailing /nscp" but
alas apache was giving me attitude...

I would not be of much help here, I'm not an Apache guy.

-greg