Need help with nrpe

Scott R. Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 3 00:26:02 CEST 2008

I have some Dell PowerEdge Linux servers that I want to monitor with nrpe.
I've installed nrpe daemon on the servers, and nrpe client on my nagios
station, which is a simple low-end desktop.

I've configured nrpe enough that nagios at least presents me with a
service line on the server that the service has returned a response it
cannot handle - not an error, but more of a null.

I'm trying to get some perl scripts from nagiosexchange to be utilized.  I
am able to run the scripts fine from the command line and see their
details, but having problems figuring out how to properly configure nagios
to get me the results properly.

I've got the OpenManage scripts, along with some basic Dell Hardware ones.

Beyond this, I may implement similar configurations on non Dell hardware,
so getting it working here can lead me to configurations in a more
flexible environment.

I happen to be using CentOS 5 and RHEL 5, all out-of-box, all items from
CDs installed, no updates applied.

Thanks for any insights.

Scott