Suppressing notifications due to Unreachable state due to parent config

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Sep 24 15:49:17 CEST 2007

Are these host or service notifications? Unreachable or Down?

> CableRogers to break, then breaking host2, but I still get
notifications
> for host2 and there isn't a 'u' in site.

Here's the flow roughly outlined as I understand it from
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/networkreachability.html and
experience on this list, perhaps there's something that's missing --

- Service on Host2 reports CRITICAL state
- check_command for Host2 is run.
- if Host2 state != Warning/Critical
	Send service alert
  Else
	Suppress service alert
	check_command for host2 parent is run
	if host2 parent state != Warning/Critical
		Send host warning/down alert for host2
	Else
		Send host unreachable alert for host2
		Check more parents