Some Observations on Installation

Jim Pye jim.pye at pyenet.co.nz
Sat Sep 22 03:27:43 CEST 2007

I am setting up a demo system on VMWare where I am installing 2
different versions of Nagios on the same VM Session.

To achieve this I have duplicated all the configuration/setup to allow
for one install using released version 2.9 and one for the beta version
3.0b3

Following are some errors/omissions I found:

1. The --with-htmlurl option on the ./configure command did not seem to
work for either install.
For v2.9 I used the option --with-htmlurl=/nagios29/ and for v3.0b3 I
used --with-htmlurl=/nagios30/ In both cases the resulting entry in the
cgi.cfg file for each install was:
url_html_path=/nagios

The work around was to change this entry manually to
url_html_path=/nagios29 and /nagios30 respectively.

2. The filename for the rc.d script was just nagios which meant that one
would override the other.

This issue is specific to this installation scenerio but might be
something to think about.

Jim

--
Jim Pye