Nagios latency on service more than 1000

sunchai (gillnaldo : sun) gillnaldo at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 15:08:03 CEST 2007

Hi nagios list,

  I've problem with service/host check latency with service more than 1000 and host more than 100. Please advise me to tune-up as my requirement.

  My requirement need service check & alert not more than 5 minutes. All alert must check interval 3 times before alert. The server cpu usage/memory use only 50% only.

  The nagios summary show on
=======================================
HOST SCHEDULING INFORMATION
---------------------------
Total hosts:                     170
Total scheduled hosts:           170
Host inter-check delay method:   NONE
Host inter-check delay:          0.00 sec
Max host check spread:           5 min
First scheduled check:           Thu Sep 20 20:05:13 2007
Last scheduled check:            Thu Sep 20 20:05:13 2007

SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
-------------------------------
Total services:                     1101
Total scheduled services:           1101
Service inter-check delay method:   NONE
Inter-check delay:                  0.00 sec
Interleave factor method:           SMART
Average services per host:          6.48
Service interleave factor:          7
Max service check spread:           5 min
First scheduled check:              Thu Sep 20 20:05:13 2007
Last scheduled check:               Thu Sep 20 20:05:13 2007

CHECK PROCESSING INFORMATION
Service check reaper interval:      3 sec
Max concurrent service checks:      Unlimited

PERFORMANCE SUGGESTIONS
* Host checks might be scheduled too closely together - consider increasing 'check_interval' option for your hosts

Thank in advance
Gillnaldo -