Email Notification

Antonio Pereira apereira at duocom.ca
Wed Sep 19 15:59:02 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have installed sendmail and it seems to work. When I do the following
in a
command line
sendmail -bv apereira at duocom.ca I get this result
apereira at duocom.ca... deliverable: mailer esmtp, host duocom.ca., user
apereira at duocom.ca
I have added sendmail to startup every time it boots.

In Nagios i have the following setup

Contacts
define contact{
	contact_name			apereira
	alias				Antonio Pereira
	contactgroups			network_team
	service_notification_period	24x7
	host_notification_period	24x7
	service_notification_options	w,u,c,r
	host_notification_options	d,u,r
	service_notification_commands	notify-by-email
	host_notification_commands	host-notify-by-email
	email				apereira at duocom.ca
	}

Contactgroups
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       network_team
        alias                   Network Administrators
        members                 apereira
        }
Commands
# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
	command_name	notify-by-email
	command_line	/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios @VERSION@
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $LONGDATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:
\n\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$" | @MAIL_PROG@ -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert -
$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
	}
# 'host-notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
	command_name	host-notify-by-email
	command_line	/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios @VERSION@
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nState:

$HOSTSTATE$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n\nDate/Time:
$LONGDATETIME$\n" | @MAIL_PROG@ -s "Host $HOSTSTATE$ alert for
$HOSTNAME$!"
$CONTACTEMAIL$
	}

I see no error meesages appear anywhere and still I don't get any email
notifications.

What am I missing?

Nagios 2.9
Fedora 6