Disabling Host Commands CGI for a user

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Sep 18 20:32:47 CEST 2007

On 18 Sep 2007, at 18:32, Mick wrote:

> Is there a way to disable access to the Host Commands CGI on a user
> by user
> basis?
>
> For some users I want to only allow them to view the settings and
> status of
> different services, but not to allow them to change these.

I think you mean to stop certain users from being able to issue
commands via the CGIs.

Altinity have published a patch to Nagios 2.x which allows this very
thing by setting a new variable for a contact.

Details here: http://altinity.blogs.com/dotorg/2006/02/
a_view_some_cha.html

Ton

http://www.altinity.com