Disabling Host Commands CGI for a user

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Sep 18 20:03:48 CEST 2007

Not within nagios. You can restrict access to cmd.cgi through htaccess
though. I use something like the following in ~nagios/sbin/.htaccess --

AuthName "Monitor System Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users
AuthGroupFile /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.groups
require valid-user
<FilesMatch "(cmd.cgi|config.cgi|showlog.cgi)">
require group admins
</FilesMatch>

$ cat /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.groups
admins:user1,user2,user3,etc

--
Marc