Nagios server upgrade from 1.4.1 to 2.9

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Sep 18 13:57:43 CEST 2007

Nagios
> 2.9
> > (or 3.0) safely.
> > Is there a procedure to follow ?
> >

> Sort of, yes. Logs and configuration needs to be updated. I wrote a
couple
> of
> scripts for doing just that once, but I'm afraid they're lost to me
now. I

Originals are at http://oss.op5.se/nagios/ (12to20comments.php.gz and
object_config_fix.php.gz).

> know I submitted them to the list though, and many people reported
they
> had
> used them successfully.
>
> Someone (I've forgotten who) also posted a patch to one of the scripts
> which
> fixed some minor issue.

Not sure about the patch. I know I had to make some changes to
object_config_fix.php for my environment but those changes are long
since lost to me. All-in-all they were very helpful. Thanks again
Andreas.

--
Marc