Configuration Error - 3.0.b3

Patel, Bipin patel at uhcl.edu
Mon Sep 10 22:42:15 CEST 2007

I have just installed nagios 3.0b3 on Linux box 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP.
I am trying to monitor windows machines and when I have uncommented
windows.cfg line from /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg and ran configuration
check, I am getting following errors.

*********

# bin/nagios -v etc/nagios/nagios.cfg

Nagios 3.0b3

Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)

Last Modified: 08-30-2007

License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not find any hostgroup matching 'allhosts' (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg', starting on line 25)

Error: Hostgroup has no members (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/windows.cfg', starting on line 47)

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid

     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a
previous

     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some
variables/definitions

     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to
read

     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the

     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

It works If I have comment out windows.cfg line in nagios.cfg - No
error. But I also like to monitor my windows boxes.

So what I am doing wrong? Attached are cfg.cfg, nagios.cfg & windows.cfg