Newbie: Passing parameters to standard plugins

Zembower, Kevin kzembowe at jhuccp.org
Mon Sep 10 17:06:07 CEST 2007

I'm trying to pass the username and password to the check_mysql plugin,
but am having some trouble. In configuring nagios2 so far, I've either
just used the plugins with no parameters (such as check_http) or created
my own versions of plugins with different names in commands.cfg. I can
create a new name for the check_mysql plugin and use that, but this
seems wrong. When I create an entry in /etc/nagios2/commands.cfg to fix
the order in which I'm passing the parameters, Nagios complains that
check_mysql is already defined.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to pass the parameters
to a standard plugin?

My system is Debian 4.0 Etch with the nagios2 2.6-2+etch1 package
installed.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

-Kevin

Kevin Zembower