nagios 3.0b3 abnormal cpu load ?

Sven Bauknecht sbauknecht at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:38:43 CEST 2007

Hi,

I can`t see any CPU problems with nagios 3.0b3. My System is a Virtuozzo
VM with Ubuntu dapper running Kernel 2.6.9.

This is a Testbox so there only about 10 Checks running.

Could this be a kernel 2.4.x issue? - Just a thought...

Regards,

sven

<zitiere wer="SCHAER Frederic">

mail : sbauknecht at pizzatimer.de
web  : http://www.sbauknecht.de

No no no.  Don't use kill -9.
It doesn't give the process a chance to cleanly:
1) shut down socket connections
2) clean up temp files
3) inform its children that it is going away
4) reset its terminal characteristics
and so on and so on and so on.

Generally, send 15, and wait a second or two, and if that doesn't work,
send 2, and if that doesn't work, send 1.
If that doesn't, REMOVE THE BINARY because the program is badly behaved!

believed to be clean.