Antw: nagios 3.0b3 abnormal cpu load ?

Uwe Knop Uwe.Knop at lds.brandenburg.de
Mon Sep 10 08:37:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have the same Problem with nagios 3.0b3 server.
The last good Version around CPU Load was nagios 3.0a5 .

bye
Uwe Knop

>>> "SCHAER Frederic" <frederic.schaer at cea.fr> schrieb am Fr, Sep 7,
2007 um  5:51  in Nachricht
<EA04FF699CD5274E9EC52CB5EC0508707666FF at DIODON.extra.cea.fr>:

Hi,

I*m trying to setup a nagios 3.0b3 server, and I configured it with
only one host, one check (ping).
I can successfully start nagios, but I have concerns about the server
cpu load : that*s around 99% cpu usage all the time, on a P4 3GHz
machine*

Is there something I could do to decrese this load ? I tried installing
a nagios 2.9 server using the same configuration, and the load caused by
nagios is just * 0.
I guess this is a bug in the beta 3 ?

Increasing the sleep time in nagios.cfg does not help at all even if I
put sleep_time=2500 (2500 seconds !)

Any suggestions would be welcome J

P.S : I compiled nagios on a 2.4.21 linux kernel, using gcc 3.2.3,
don*t know if this could help. I don*t see many usefull things with
maximum debug verbosity*