separate webfront

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Sep 8 09:29:32 CEST 2007

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Cassandra Pugh wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone knows if the nagios program (and all it
> collects and monitors) and the webfront can be hosted on different computers?
> I do not want to make the server that nagios is hosted on a webserver, and
> also do not want to bog down the webserver with the nagios processes.

Apache is not that hard if you tune down the defaults. I think you will
find the drawbacks of seperation harder then it needs to be.

If yyou do not wish to make it public you can always make the other apache
server a front for this webserver. I do this for various aplications.

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)