Problems getting NDO to work

tom.welsh at bt.com tom.welsh at bt.com
Thu Sep 6 18:18:24 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I have just recompiled nagios 2.9 with event broker support as I wish to
use ndo-utils but I get the following message when I try to start the
event broker

#/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndo2db -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/ndo2db.cfg -i
Support for the specified database server is either not yet supported,
or was not found on your system.

Is this because ndo does not support MySQL 5.0.54?

OS and Software as follows
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9. SP2
Nagios 2.9
NDO Utils 1.4b5
MySQL 5.0.54

My Nagios configure scripts goes like this
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=nagios/cgi-bin
--with-htmurl=/nagios/ --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-group=nagios --with-command-group=nagcmd
--enable-event-broker

Nagios is installed and runs fine.

I have ran through the ndo utils README and installed the module as
described.

EXCERPT FROM NAGIOS.CFG
# EVENT BROKER MODULE(S)
broker_module=/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o
config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/ndomod.cfg
event_broker_options=-1

FROM NDOMOD.CFG

# INSTANCE NAME
instance_name=default

# OUTPUT TYPE
output_type=unixsocket

# OUTPUT
output=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndo.sock

# TCP PORT
tcp_port=5668

# OUTPUT BUFFER
output_buffer_items=5000

# BUFFER FILE
buffer_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndomod.tmp

# FILE ROTATION INTERVAL
file_rotation_interval=14400

# FILE ROTATION COMMAND
#file_rotation_command=rotate_ndo_log

# FILE ROTATION TIMEOUT
file_rotation_timeout=60

# RECONNECT INTERVAL
reconnect_interval=15

# RECONNECT WARNING INTERVAL
reconnect_warning_interval=15

# DATA PROCESSING OPTION
data_processing_options=-1

# CONFIG OUTPUT OPTION
config_output_options=2

FROM NDO2DB.CFG

# USER/GROUP PRIVILIGES
ndo2db_user=monitoring
ndo2db_group=nal

# SOCKET TYPE
socket_type=unix

# SOCKET NAME
socket_name=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndo.sock

# TCP PORT
tcp_port=5668

# DATABASE SERVER TYPE
db_servertype=mysql