Can NAGIOS check HOST via PROXY ?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:39:38 CET 2007

PiCo wrote:
> No I can't reach directly...
> Which ports ??
> nagios server in in my LAN... customers can't reach it!!
I need some clarification, if you cannot reach your customers and they
cannot reach you, then how is it a vpn? What does it connect?

Ports? 5666 on the client side if using nrpe. 5667 on your side if using
nsca. basic stuff...

Really, Marc's idea may be best for you.

If your proxy box is linux, then just nrpe to that box and get it to
check your hosts.

More info needed.

-h