Missing nagios.cmd

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Tue Oct 30 16:14:38 CET 2007

> Hey list,
>
> I recently threw a 2.10 installation together into our production
> environment, as the 3.x series in testing was just not as reliable
> enough for our needs. I'm having a problem with the external commands
> piece through the web interface however. I seem to be missing the
> /rw/nagios.cmd file. I have read through the external commands
> documentation, and have the cgi.cfg and nagios.cfg setup to do it
> properly, but if I check the logs I see that it can't find the file,
or
> that another process may be running. I can verify that nagios is not
> running with ps -ef | grep nagios. I am leaning towards a permissions
> issue somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks.
> Nagios 2.10 with latest plugins (can't remember version 1.4.8 maybe?)
on
> Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon.

So what exactly is the permissions of the folder that nagios.cmd resides
in? The rw folder that is...

You do need special permissions there, something like:

drwxrwsr-x 2 nagios nagcmd   4096 Oct 30 12:29 rw

nagios is the nagios process, while nagcmd is a group with nagios and
your apache user in.

> Next challenge will be NDOUtils....

Good luck, that looks on the horizon eventually for us as well.