Missing nagios.cmd

svalding at kent.edu svalding at kent.edu
Tue Oct 30 16:07:53 CET 2007

Hey list,

I recently threw a 2.10 installation together into our production
environment, as the 3.x series in testing was just not as reliable
enough for our needs. I'm having a problem with the external commands
piece through the web interface however. I seem to be missing the
/rw/nagios.cmd file. I have read through the external commands
documentation, and have the cgi.cfg and nagios.cfg setup to do it
properly, but if I check the logs I see that it can't find the file, or
that another process may be running. I can verify that nagios is not
running with ps -ef | grep nagios. I am leaning towards a permissions
issue somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks.
Nagios 2.10 with latest plugins (can't remember version 1.4.8 maybe?) on
Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon.

Next challenge will be NDOUtils....

Thanks,
Stephen