nagios ignores contacts

morlix morlix at morlix.de
Sun Oct 14 22:06:48 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

i have defined several contacts in three contact groups. Everytime
nagios should send a email to a contact group with other members than me
(morlix), it is just sending out one email to my contact (morlix).

I have not defined any escalations.

I read the documentation but i could not find anything related to such a
problem. Also my friend google could solve this wicked problem.

Here is my config.

<contacts>
####
define contact{
   name                          generic-contact
   service_notification_period   24x7
   host_notification_period      24x7
   service_notification_options  w,u,c,r,f
   host_notification_options     d,u,r,f
   service_notification_commands notify-by-email
   host_notification_commands    host-notify-by-email

   register                      0
   }

define contact{
   use                           generic-contact
   contact_name                  grub
   alias                         Grub
   email                         xxx at gmx.net
   }

define contact{
   use                           generic-contact
   contact_name                  phat
   alias                         Phat
   email                         xxx at gmx.net
   }

define contact{
   use                           generic-contact
   contact_name                  blub
   alias                         Blub
   email                         xxx at gmx.net
   }

define contact{
   use                           generic-contact
   contact_name                  morlix
   alias                         morlix
   email                         morlix at morlix.de
   }
####

<contactgroups>
####
define contactgroup{
   contactgroup_name    main-admins
   alias                main admins
   members              morlix
   }

define contactgroup{
   contactgroup_name    std-admins
   alias                standard admins
   members              morlix
   }

define contactgroup{
   contactgroup_name    team-admins
   alias                Team admins
   members              morlix,blub,phat,grub
   }
####

I use gentoo as os with nagios 2.9.

Best regards,