Monitoring HP Proliant Hardware - Windows OS

Matthew Richardson matthew-ln at itconsult.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 20:52:57 CEST 2007

I have had some success simply using check_snmp on a Linux server to
monitor HP Proliant hardware running Windows.  For example:-

|define command {
|	command_name			check_snmp_hp_power
|	command_line			$USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -o 1.3.6.1.4.1.232.6.2.9.1.0 -s 2
|}

Provided the plugins you have found use SNMP, they should work on a Linux
Nagios server monitoring Windows serverss.  You do need to ensure that the
Windows boxes have the latest Proliant software installed, together with
SNMP.

For information, I have only tried this on Windows 2003.

Hope this helps...

Best wishes,
Matthew

 ------