Multiple Alerts getting generated some times

hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri Oct 12 17:06:38 CEST 2007

narendran.neelamegam at wipro.com wrote:
> Within a span of 2 minutes 2 alerts have been generated.
>
> [1192193828] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
> nagios;xxxx;NW-PING;OK;notify-by-email;PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA =
> 272.64 ms
> [1192193948] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
> nagios;xxxx;NW-PING;OK;notify-by-email;PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA =
> 157.49 ms
>
> This happens occasionally, how can I fix this?

I guess you ignore the Warnings. Check your logs but I think you will
find that you hit either the 20 packet loss or 500ms RTA and this
situation is remedied within a minute.

Hugo.

PS: Responding to a message to start a new thread is a serious sin on a
mailinglist. Do not do it again! Start a new message for a new thread.

	for they are subtle and quick to anger.