Nagios 3.0b5 - ePN and perl caching [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au
Fri Oct 12 04:40:33 CEST 2007

Dear Larry,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

Thank you for the very clear synopsis of the problem.

I have not had that experience with 3.0b4 (a few funny behaviours, but
by and large, like 2.9).

> If I compile without embedded-perl the problem does not exist.
>
> I should probably post this to the devel list.

You have got someones attention here.

FYI (and also to save me a reply to Andreas) the ePN stuff mainly
happens in p1.pl.

This code

1 manages a cache of compiled plugins (ie checks if the mtime of the
plugin is different to the cached value and recompiles if it is)

2 transforms the plugin to a Perl subroutine in a package named (with a
mangled name) like the plugins file name

3 calls the subroutine if the mtime has not changed (and the compilation
is clean).

What you describe should not happen, and moreover the new stuff in 3.0
has not changed (at least as far as I can see) the interface (from that
in 2.x) to Perl in checks.c and utils.c.

Would you send me the plugin privately so I can inspect it ?

> ----
> Larry Low

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED