problem with instance_name variable in ndomod.cfg

Roger Roger at NagiosWiki.com
Thu Oct 11 01:21:08 CEST 2007

I'm trying to integrate NDOutils into my Nagios 2.9 CentOS setup, I'm
getting a weird error when I add the following two lines in my
nagios.cfg file, per the README in NDOutils.

********* /etc/nagios.cfg *****************

#per README in NDOutils
broker_module=/usr/bin/ndomod.o
config_file=/etc/nagios/ndomod.cfg
#config_file OR cfg_file ?

nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg gives me:

"Error in configuration file '/etc/nagios/nagios.cfg' - Line 230
(UNKNOWN VARIABLE)"

But when I change config_file variable to cfg_file (the variable I'd
expect), I got this error:

"Error: Unexpected token or statement in file '/etc/nagios/ndomod.cfg'
on line 13"

On line 13, there is this line:

# INSTANCE NAME
# This option identifies the "name" associated with this particular
# instance of Nagios and is used to seperate data coming from multiple
# instances.  Defaults to 'default' (without quotes).

instance_name=default