check_qmailq.pl or check_mailq

zack kenton zkenton at outcome.com
Tue Oct 9 18:45:13 CEST 2007

Hi list

So I apologize for the duplicate posts, not sure why it was happening. However, this will be my last posting if in fact duplicate posts occur. Now to my problem; the standard check_mailq and the check_qmailq (found in the contrib directory of plugins) both run on the local hosts and return mail queue ok, no queued emails, etc...but when running from the nagios machine with nrpe, they both return errors, along the lines of: Error code 111 returned from /usr/bin/mailq or CRITICAL: Keine gueltigte Antwort (Zeile #1) von /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat (its a german plugin apparently) but translated means bad answer from line 1 in qmail-qstat...has anyone run into these same problems...and forgive the duplicates ahead of time...I wont post with this email after this

- zack kenton (zkenton)