Nagios 3.0b4 crashing

andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 13:24:27 CEST 2007

Thanks,

According to the 3.0 documentation, you don't need to re-compile Nagios to
get the debug symbols - is this right?

"Debugging information can now be written to a separate debug file, which
is automatically rotated when it reaches a user-defined size. This should
make debugging problems much easier, as you don't need to recompiled
Nagios."

I've enabled the "allow Nagios to create core dumps" option (can't remember
what it's called atm), and the notes for that directive do say that even
with that option enabled, Nagios may not create a core dump, which it
doesn't.

I'll try strace/ktrace, but how do you get Nagios to run in the foreground,
as soon as you start it with "-d" it goes to the background anyway?

Thanks,

Andy