Make a user see only a subset of a monitored host's service checks

David Knecht david.knecht at anyweb.ch
Mon Oct 1 16:04:19 CEST 2007

Hi all

I'd like to define two Nagios login users/contacts where one user sees
only a subset of all service checks that are assigned to a single host.

Here is an example:

The service checks SC1 and SC2 are running against the monitored host
H1. User U1 must be able to monitor and control (e. g. enable/disable
notifications etc.) H1 as well as SC1 and SC2 through the Nagios web
interface while U2 must monitor and control only H1 and SC1.

Is this possible?

This seems to be an easy one, but I just don't make any progress
configuring it...

This is what I experience:
- If H1 is assigned a contact group and U2 is part of this contact group
then U2 sees both SC1 *and* SC2 even if SC2 is not assigned this contact
group in the service definition.

Is it possible to configure what I have outlined in the above example
with Nagios 2.9? If not, might it be done using Nagios 3.0?

Actually I assume I am making a configuration fault... Any hint is welcome!

Thanks for your help, David