check_cluster config

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Mon Oct 1 14:50:34 CEST 2007

On 01/10/07 03:50 AM, stephen wing wrote:
> Hi
>
>             I am trying to setup the check_cluster service
>
> I have 2 aix client machines configured for HACMP and I need to measure
> the filesystem fullness which I already do for filesystems that remain
> on each host. I also need to measure the filesystems that will move
> between hosts if the cluster fails over. For each cluster member I have
> setup a service to monitor the desired filesystem that moves hosts, so
> nagios shows the filesystem is OK on the active host and a critical
> alert on the passive host.
>
> I want to use check_cluster to monitor alerts if filesystem is not
> visible on either host.
>

> I have setup the servicecluster.cfg file with the 2 hosts and the
> service descriptions on each.
>
> I have defined the command as follows :-
>

> # 'check_service_cluster' command definition
>
> define command{
>
>         command_name    check_service_cluster
>
>         command_line    /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_cluster
> --service /usr/local/nagios/var/status.dat $ARG1$ $ARG2$ < $ARG3$

I simply can't understand your command line.

1. Make sure you're using a recent enough Nagios-plugins version that
ships check_cluster as a core plug-in (everything in /contrib is
unsupported).

2. the command line looks like this:
  check_cluster (-s | -h) -d val1[,val2,...,valn] [-l label]
  [-w threshold] [-c threshold]

So basically you will have to pass the following arguments (assuming
$USER1$ is the path to the plugins directory):

  $USER1$/check_cluster -s -d $ARG1$,$ARG2$ -l "$ARG3$" -c 1

Then in your service check (change the "_" to spaces if you like, they
are there for line-wrapping issues):

check_service_cluster!$SERVICESTATEID:server1:Shared_disk$!$SERVICESTATEID:server2:Shared_disk$!Shared_disks

Thomas