Staggering epager notifications

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Tue Nov 20 10:02:35 CET 2007

MTA
> guy) to stagger out the notifications --without some arcane hack like
> using escalations?

I'm not an MTA guy, but it will be clearly better to do this via the MTA
as Nagios does *nothing* while it handles notifications.

Having said that, you can wrap each notification in a script with a
"sleep 5" at the end of it and you will accomplish what you need.

Bear in mind that Nagios does *nothing* else while it runs the
notification script.