SELinux problem at startup

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:44:03 CET 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 10:02 AM, Micha Silver <micha at arava.co.il> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I just finished installing version 2.10 from rpms from the rpmforge
> repository on  a CentOS 5 machine. (I've used nagios for some years now
> both compiled and from binaries).

This link helped me with CentOS 4 and SELinux issues related to Nagios:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user/33586/match=selinux

I know in CentOS 5, SELinux configs are handled differently than in
CentOS 4, but I think the ideas are the same.

> If I did setenforce=0 (putting selinux into "permissive" mode) then the
> init script worked.

When in permissive mode, run "audit2allow" to see what SELinux errors
are logged.
i.e. audit2allow -d -l
--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in