Authentication question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Nov 14 15:58:57 CET 2007

This should be 1.

> default_user_name=guest (enabled)

This is fine.

> authorized_for _system_command=* (tried both * and root,nagios,guest)

This only says that anyone can shutdown or restart nagios or change it
from active to standby. You want more than that. You'll want to look at
all the authorized_for_* settings in cgi.cfg, but specifically --

authorized_for_all_services
authorized_for_all_hosts
authorized_for_all_service_commands
authorized_for_all_host_commands