Authentication question

Palle L Jensen palleje at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:42:19 CET 2007

Thanks Marc for your quick response,

I've tried a few variations and the result is
I don't get the logon window (which Is good, we don't want the logon
window), but I can still not execute the cgi commands.

I changed these sections in the cgi.cfg
use_authentication=0 (tried both 0 and 1)
default_user_name=guest (enabled)
authorized_for _system_command=* (tried both * and root,nagios,guest)

nagios.conf looks like this:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/share/nagios/cgi <Directory
/usr/share/nagios/cgi>
   Options ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /usr/share/nagios
<Directory /usr/share/nagios>
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

This is what we are trying to achieve:
- No userlogon.
- Able to use all cgi commands in Nagios. (full admin rights, views, execute
commands)

Thanks,
Palle

Web
> interface, and I want to remove that and then still be able to execute
the
> cgi commands.
>
> Is it possible to remove the authentication and still be able to use
the
> Cgi commands in Nagios?

See the default_user_name directive in cgi.cfg.

--
Marc

any issue.