Can NAGIOS check HOST via PROXY ?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:40:29 CET 2007

I don't know about the proxying thing at this time, I suspect it will
not work or not diversely enough to be really useful, but off the top of
my head, you can do this the way that has been previously suggested
which is to use check_nrpe and put the plugins on the remote host with
an nrpe definition of something like

command[check_http_webserver1]=/path/to/check_http -H webserver1
....blah blah...
.............."".............._webserver2............"".........""..........webserver2........blah.....

or

command[check_mysql_databaseserver1]=/path/to/check_mysql -H
databaseserver1 ....blah blah...

and then from your nagios server do

check_nrpe -H proxy_host -c check_http_webserver

or

check_nrpe -H proxy_host -c check_mysql_databaseserver1

which should do exactly what you want, returns the condition of
webserver1 or databaseserver1, the output and exit code as per standard
Nagios remote checks.

-h

Hari Sekhon