Were can I find the check_snmp plugin

Christy.New at cancer.org Christy.New at cancer.org
Tue Nov 13 22:13:37 CET 2007

Please do not apply windows procedures in a unix environment. Work the
problem. Solve it step by step. Pay attention to the exact responses and
the exact commands.HOW AM CAN I TELL IF I AM RUNNING WINDOWS PROCEDURES IN
A LINUX ENVIRONMENT.  THESE WERE (.TAR.GZ)PLUGINS.  CAN YOU EXPLAIN WHY YOU
THOUGHT THIS

 1. Can you run access the router with SNMP at all? Test with snmpwalk.
(Known obstacles: firewalls, community strings ,....)THIS IS GOOD, BECAUSE
I USE SNMP ON MY DEVICES ALREADY FOR OTHER UTILITIES THAT I USE.

 2. Can you run the plugin by hand? Test all the options you want to use
in nagios manualy first. Make sure you test this sucesfully as the user
that the nagios process runs as.  WHEN YOU SAY BY HAND, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT
YOU MEAN.  I AM NO GOOD WITH COMMAND AND USE THE GNOME FOR MOST OF MY
EDITING.  I DON'T USE THE VI EDITOR MUCH

 3. Now try to build the most simple service definition and try within
Nagios.  MRTG I JUST DISCOVERED I DO NOT USE ON MY DEVICES SO I JUST
REMOVED IT, BUT STILL THE SNMP PLUGINS ARE STILL NOT WORKING AND NAGIOS
GIVES ME A RESPONSE BACK OF "PLUGIN MISSING"

THANKS HUGO APPRIECIATE YOUR GUIDANCE.

Very Respectfully,
Chris

             Hugo van der
             Kooij
             <hvdkooij at vanderk                                          To
             ooij.org>                 Nagios Users Mailinglist
             Sent by:                  <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
             nagios-users-boun         >
             ces at lists.sourcef                                          cc
             orge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Nagios-users] Were can I find
             11/13/2007 04:07          the check_snmp plugin
             PM

reporting any issue.