Two instances of ndo2db running...

GT4NE1 gt4ne1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 17:31:02 CET 2007

I'm having an issue with NDOutils where it starts two instances of ndo2db.

I start one manually like the install says, but when I start nagios, a
second instance pops up. The strange thing is it didn't do this the
first time I started everything up after installing.  It wrote to the
database and the nagios.log was continualy being updated.  But ever
since I stopped nagios and ndo2db and tried to start everything up
again, it now starts two instances and only writes information to the
database on the first connect and then no longer does anything.

Using RHEL 5 AP, with Nagios 3.0b6 and NDOUtils 1.47b

Here is the successfull connection when I first start it up from
nagios.log but after that, nagios.log does not update at all, even
though nagios.debug is and the webpage is showing current checks,
nothing is being written to the database.

[1194884032] Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o'
deinitialized successfully.
[1194884417] Nagios 3.0b6 starting... (PID=13608)
[1194884417] LOG VERSION: 2.0
[1194884417] ndomod: NDOMOD 1.4b7 (10-31-2007) Copyright (c) 2005-2007
Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
[1194884417] ndomod: Successfully connected to data sink.  0 queued
items to flush.
[1194884417] Event broker module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o'
initialized successfully.
[1194884417] Finished daemonizing... (New PID=13611)

I belive it's because of the two instances of ndo2db, but I can't
figure out how to get rid of one.  If I shutdown everything and then
just start nagios, no ndo2db processes start up.  It only happens when
there is already one present.

Any ideas why two ndo2db process are starting?

Thanks,

-GT