Two difrent location - one monitoring system.

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Nov 12 15:41:20 CET 2007

ServerA
> Server2
ServerB
> Server3  --- Nagios Server --- > < --- ServerX     (NRPE) ---
ServerC
> Server4
ServerD
> Etc
>

> Ath this moment I am pinging all servers from Main Nagios Server and
via
> NRPE on ServerX.
> Everything seems working fine, but - Servers1..4 - Nagios is seeing as
> Host (that is right)
> But serversA..D - For nagios are services belong to ServerX (This is
what
> I don't want).
>
> Do you know how can I make configuration - to working the same way,
but
> all servers behing ServerX should be visible for Nagios as Host not
> Services?

Why not use the host_name you want displayed in the host{} definitions
but the host{} address for serverX? The host_name is used for
display/notification purposes and the address is only used behind the
scenes for communication. Assign the individual services{} for each host
currently defined against serverX to the appropriate new host.

--
Marc