NC_net

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 03:32:17 CET 2007

Hi Alicia,

This Has been resolved in the latest version v4.1a Under the command
EVENTLOG_NEW, while the EVENTLOG command was left as to not disrupt anyone
who already configured workarounds for this  issue.

Use the new syntex EVENTLOG_NEW Please check documents and HELP command
check the input syntex via
check_nc_net --help=EVENTLOG_NEW

 THe problem was caused by the Event ID field in Event viewer actually being
a MASKED result from the internal Data field. However this was not well
documented by Microsoft at the time EventLogs was implemented.

>From Latest Whats New in NC_NEt:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=48793&group_id=160140
 -Added EVENTLOG_NEW this is a new and improved EventLog check, it is issued
as a new command because the expected input has been simplified. Added
ability to check range to EventID.
-EVENTLOG_NEW, Updated the EventID to preform properly. EventID has changed
in Dot Net 2.0 compared to Dot Net 1.0 and 1.1.
-EVENTLOG_NEW, Added ability to change the Regular expression options into
the startup.cfg, ability to accept a list of REgular expressions.

Good Luck

Tony (author of NC_NEt)