Specifying a service on a different hostwithsend_nsca

Mohr James james.mohr at elaxy.com
Mon Nov 5 20:34:36 CET 2007

As far as I can tell from the online help and other documentation, "host_name" is the host to which you want to send the message. That is, it is the NSCA server and not the name of the host that is actually being monitored. When I run "send_nsca --help" on my machine it gives me much more text, and says:

<snip>
 <host_address> = The IP address of the host running the NSCA daemon
<snip>

This, as well as my tests, indicate to me that with this parameter one is simply telling send_ncsa where to send the message and not the host which the service is on.