Distributed monitoring with nrpe_nt and freshness

Jeff Shumard - DefenseWeb Technologies jeff.shumard at defenseweb.com
Mon Nov 5 19:16:04 CET 2007

Everything works fine checking the hosts if I force an active check for
all services on a host.  We are not doing host checks at all on your
servers just service checks.  The only time I have a problem is when the
freshness threshold is reached and it tries to force a check on a lot of
services at once.  It is almost like nrpe_nt is only able to process a
set amount of checks at one time.  There is no resource issue at the
time this is happening on the Nagios server and on the Windows server
running the checks.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you,
Jeff