Monitoring ARCserve services

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Nov 2 22:47:02 CET 2007

HQ
> runs the box.]
>
> We currently use Nagios 1.2.  We have a Windows Server 2003 server
running
> the latest ARCserve (11.5 SP3).  We have basic monitoring of the box
via
> Nagios but are looking for a way to monitor the ARCserve-specific
> services, including:

> This is not about an ARCserve trap for detecting failed jobs.  Rather,
we
> just want to be alerted when these specific services go down or up.
Any
> suggestions?  What could I pass on to our Nagios admin?

The standard Windows monitoring addons (nsclient, nsclient++, others)
have the ability to check the running state of specific services. Your
request doesn't seem special in that regard. If you're monitoring
anything local about a windows machine now (disk, memory, cpu, etc),
chances are you're already using something that supports it.

--
Marc