Monitoring ARCserve services

Kustner, Tom Tom.Kustner at RetirementPartner.com
Fri Nov 2 21:45:55 CET 2007

[Note that I am a Nagios end-user, not the administrator.  Someone at HQ
runs the box.]

We currently use Nagios 1.2.  We have a Windows Server 2003 server
running the latest ARCserve (11.5 SP3).  We have basic monitoring of the
box via Nagios but are looking for a way to monitor the
ARCserve-specific services, including:

   [Running]	CA BrightStor Database Engine
   [Running]	CA BrightStor Discovery Service
   [Running]	CA BrightStor Job Engine
   [Running]	CA BrightStor Message Engine
   [Running]	CA BrightStor Service Controller
   [Running]	CA BrightStor Tape Engine
   [Running]	CA BrightStor Domain Server

This is not about an ARCserve trap for detecting failed jobs.  Rather,
we just want to be alerted when these specific services go down or up.
Any suggestions?  What could I pass on to our Nagios admin?

Tom Kustner MCSE, CNE
Systems Administrator
Inside: 68728
Outside: 414-906-8728
Mobile: 414-559-0889

The information contained in this message and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged, private and/or confidential information protected by state and federal law.  Penalties may be assessed for unauthorized use and/or disclosure.  This message and any attachments are intended for the designated recipient only.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and return or destroy the information.

This e-mail transmission and any attachments are believed to have been sent free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened. It is, however, the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the e-mail transmission and any attachments are virus free, and the sender accepts no responsibility for any damage that may in any way arise from their use.