problems defining contact_groups in "define hostgroup" section

Roger Roger at NagiosWiki.com
Fri Nov 2 01:06:07 CET 2007

On CentOS / Nagios 2x, I'm using nmap + nmap2nagios to autogenerate
the cfg files, but am having problems with the contact_groups
definition that's defined by default.

e.g.

define hostgroup {
  hostgroup_name linux
  alias Linux Servers

  #admins groups in localhost.cfg, not admin group
  #contact_groups admin

  contact_groups admins
  members server1.mydomain.com, server2.mydomain.com
}

The only way that I can seem to get this config file to work is to not
define "contact_groups" here, but rather in the section where I define
the host. If I don't do that, I get this error:

Error: Host 'myserver.mydomain.com'  has no default contact group(s) defined!